0

Where's the Fire?

December 3, 2009

I had literally just gotten out of the shower when I heard fire alarms and sirens this morning.  Today was my day to sleep in a little bit, not having to work until noon today..  around 8:45 the alarms started, followed quickly by flashing lights and sirens.  So, I know the first thing you're supposed to do is leave your apartment to the nearest exit door and get at least 100 yds from the building.  Well, I was in merely a towel and dripping wet.  I knew that was not happening after I looked out the window and saw snow EVERY where (1st snow in almost 1.5 months).  So instead I looked up and down the hallway of our building, saw/smelled no smoke or flames.  Didn't even see anyone in the hall or outside in the parking lot.  So...I decided to get dressed first.  :)  Then I frantically called Dave about 8 times until he answered.  By this time, the firemen were inside the building checking each apartment.  The guy that knocked on our door then quickly let himself in before I could get to it was lucky I had enough time to pull a shirt over my head!  "Are you okay in here ma'am?  We're checking everything out.  Any fire or smoke in here?"  "No sir!"  But thanks for freaking me the heck out!  (that's what I wanted to say...)


I ended up staying inside the 40 minutes the firemen and police were here, but I never nailed down where the fire was.  I did see them go to their truck for more fire extinguishers, so I'm thinking a kitchen fire up a floor or two?  I figured I was safe enough inside and could use our deck door to leave in an instant if needed.  Thankfully that wasn't necessary.. 



0 Responses to "Where's the Fire?"