1 comments

My skinny....finally!

February 15, 2009

Hey everyone! I've FINALLY had a chance to sit down and write my "skinny" that Elise has been prepping everyone for. I'm so blessed and happy to have her as my wife as she does so much for me! I don't know what I would do without her.

Anyways, everyone is probably wondering what goes on in a day in the life of Dave. Well, it would be hard to write down one specific day, but I can give you a generality of what goes on. My friends and I work out every morning at 6 or 6:30am. Two of my friends, Jake and Nick, and myself have just begun training for the Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN!! The race takes place on June 20 (I believe)...Nick has done it once already and Jake and I just decided to do it. It has been a goal of mine and even though I am busier than ever I am going to accomplish it. Being in marathon shape will give me a good base for participating in the Chisago Half-Ironman, which is another goal for me this summer. So, not only is there school work to get done, but a lot of training!

After working out, which involves burst training, swimming, or running, I go to my classes. Most of my classes this semester are not too boring. As a T5 (which is half way through school) the classes are becoming more clinical, which I am thankful for. There are a lot of labs and busy work to accomplish. After classes finish which is usually around 5pm I have meetings to attend for all of the organizations I am in or I have to plan and prepare for our club meetings. I am President of the Maximized Living Student Club here at Northwestern. We have one of the biggest clubs on campus and our mission is to prepare and develop students into future leaders of health care through Chiropractic care. Jake (one of my good friends) just became Co-President with me and I am really happy for the extra help.

Not that I want to talk to much about what we do as a club, but we just came off of a HUGE week for our club. We had Dr. Charles Majors, a world-renowned Chiropractor from Chicago, come and speak over the lunch hour to the school. Because it took place over the noon hour we had to organize an efficient process that got the students fed and in their seats so they could hear Dr. Majors talk. 2 weeks of planning and hard work by all, we were able to get 200 students and about 10 doctors to the talk. A week before the talk we had people play Wii bowling to win raffle tickets for our prizes at the school! Doing that helped us get people excited and come to the talk. A lot of hard work, but it payed off in the end!

I pretty much spend my entire time becoming a powerful and passionate chiropractor. America ranks 37 out of 42 in the world for health so we have a lot of work before us. Even though we have the greatest medical system, technology, and pharmaceuticals, we are the sickest industrialized country in the world. People need to be taught true, maximized health so they can live a higher quality life. Through Chiropractic care and teaching people how to eat the right foods, exercise, minimize the use of toxins, and reduce stress on their body we can achieve this! I am going to start a new blog that will help teach you how to reach a higher level of health and tell you more about Chiropractic care and why it is essential to living a longer, higher quality life.

I will keep blogging and keep everyone in the loop as to what I and Elise are up to! I will get better getting back to all of my friends and family, so if you have emailed me and are still waiting a reply, I will get to you! I am learning how to handle everything in life and school, so of course there are learning curves.

I hope everyone has a wonderful President Day weekend!


- Dave

1 Responses:

Chris Says:

Dave! A Half-Iron...ambitious. Best of luck. If you ever need help in training advice, don't hesitate to ask. I'm VERY MUCH into training right now, and have a few resources you might be interested in.