4

Taxes

February 5, 2009

I meant to post this earlier. A conversation with my mom reminded me to get this online. I just wanted to pass along the IRS website to find a third party to prepare and submit your taxes for free: http://www.irs.gov/efile/

If you click the "file online for free" link, it brings you to a page where you can either choose a company to file your taxes through or the IRS can help pair you up with one based on your income and needs.

Personally, we've been using the free Turbo Tax edition for the past few years: http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/. And Turbo Tax is free for states that sponsor a free file program, like MN and MI (as well as others, check the link). There are income or EIC requirements to qualify for free submission to both Federal and State, but it's well worth it to check out!

Let me know if you have any tax questions and I'll give the best advice I can. Spent 3 years on the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance group on campus as well as schooling, so I've seen a lot of things.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along the great IRS website! Keep it bookmarked, you may want it in the years to come, too.


- E

4 Responses to "Taxes"

Anonymous Says:

Yeah.. I used to do my own taxes... hopefully I never get audited... haha
ash

Healing Cuisine by Elise Says:

Haha! I remember you telling me about that last year, Ash. Being nervous about getting it all right.. Of course you did amazing!

Joel Vertin Says:

got my taxes done online the other night! it was nice to get them out of the way and i'm looking forward to the refund to knock out some of my student loans. :)

Anonymous Says:

Thanks for the Turbo Tax link. I didn't realize they offered it for free on the web... I just filed ours 5 minutes ago. Thanks!